The following article contains affiliate links, which means Sex Toy Magazine earns commission from products purchased through links in this post. If you love our work, please consider supporting us by ordering the products of your choice using the links placed in the article.
In the sex toy scene, every new LELO release causes excitement. Whether we are talking about male masturbators such as the LELO F1S V2 or their female-centered products like the LELO IDA Wave, LELO does always bring something new to the table.
As such, I was very excited to hear that they are coming out with a new release for women – the LELO Dot.
And, yet again, the company brings something completely new to the table. In essence, LELO Dot is a clitoral vibrator. However, there is a twist – they have reimagined the female masturbation experience by releasing something that stimulates the erogenous zones with pinpoint precision.
Every woman has their own super sensitive areas, but it is not always easy to focus the stimulation on those parts. With the Dot, you can do just this. The reward? An orgasm that does not numb you.
Needless to say that I was very happy and excited to receive this little toy. And, I am also excited to give you my thoughts on it.
So, without further ado, here is my full LELO Dot review:
What is the LELO Dot?
LELO Dot is the latest clitoral vibrator from LELO.
It is a toy that seeks to revolutionize the world of clit vibes by giving women a toy that is laser-focused on their specific pleasure points (hence the name DOT.)
Most clitoral vibrators are focused on the entire clitoral area. The LELO Dot is different – here, you will want to use the toy on your key areas. Those areas on your body that give you THE most pleasure.
How does it work? Well, for one, the shape of the toy is unlike anything I have seen before. The LELO Dot looks like a drop of water or a tear symbol and has a very, very narrow tip. Even before using it, I was intrigued by the design of this clit vibe.
Things get even more interesting when we look at the technique that this thing uses. Here, the focus is on using elliptical movement instead of more traditional rotations and patterns. The elliptical movement combined with the pinpoint precision of LELO Dot is meant to drive you to a glorious climax without leaving you numb immediately after an orgasm.
Ok, now that I have introduced you to what the LELO Dot is, let’s see what is included in the box.
What’s In the Box?
Discovery time! Here’s what’s included in the LELO Dot box:
- Your LELO Dot – The little miracle-maker itself, hidden inside the beautiful LELO packaging.
- USB-charging cord – An uninteresting, but nevertheless important item. Your new toy needs to get its power from somewhere!
- Satin storage pouch – I love that LELO always includes these little details with the order. The pouch is practical too – charge the toy, put it in the pouch, and throw it in the bag. No one will know what is in the pouch, even if you accidentally spill the contents of your bag on the ground.
- Warranty registration card – I suggest using this one. While it is unlikely that anything will happen to your Dot, you will want the warranty just in case. I know that you are all too eager to start using the toy, but registering the product only takes two minutes of your time.
- Instruction manual – Do not throw this one away! I have many LELO sex toys which means that using the Dot felt intuitive to me. However, if this is your first ride, then take the time to glance at the manual and see how everything works. It will make your first experience with the toy much smoother.
The Design of LELO Dot
Now that we have this beauty out of the box, let’s take a more in-depth look at some of the features that make the Dot special.
First, let’s talk about design.
The LELO Dot looks unlike any other vibrator I have seen. It is shaped like a beautiful, long drop of water and features a hole in the middle of the toy. I suspect that the hole is there for aesthetic purposes only, but I still found it a very practical addition.
The button for adjusting the intensity settings is situated right above the hole. This makes it very comfortable to hold and use the toy. And, with the LELO Dot, comfort is important – expect to spend a long time “pinpointing” the pleasure zones of your body. As such, you will want a solid, comfortable grip.
The toy comes in 3 color options – aqua (a beautiful turquoise-green color), lilac, and pink. All three color options are beautiful, soft, and feminine. In addition, the Dot features a beautiful gold accent in the middle. Gorgeous stuff…but I would expect nothing less from LELO. Their sex toys truly are as beautiful as they are effective.
In the next paragraph, let’s get a bit more technical and look at the key features of LELO Dot.
The Key Features of LELO Dot
So, we have established that we are dealing with a truly beautiful sex toy. But, as they say, beauty’s only skin deep. So, what else is there to set this toy apart from its competitors?
Here are the key features of LELO Dot:
- The pinpoint shape – As already mentioned, this toy looks unique. The pointy shape of the DOT would almost make you think of a medical instrument if it would not look so darn gorgeous. In the latter part of this article, I will write all about my personal experiences with the LELO Dot. For now, know that the shape of the toy and the soft silicone tip is key to how the LELO Dot experience feels.
- The infinite loop technology – The sensations offered by the Dot are completely new, even to a seasoned sex toy enthusiast like me. This toy does not stimulate you in a run-of-the-mill circular motion. Instead, the movement is elliptical – the infinity sign on the main button of the Dot will give you a good idea of how it works on your pleasure zones.
- 8 different settings – A toy that brings a completely new kind of self-pleasure experience to the table can be intimidating to women new to sex toys. Luckily, the LELO Dot comes with a huge variety of different settings – start on the lower end of the spectrum if you are new to clitoral vibes. If you already know that you prefer things to be a bit more intense, then feel free to pick something a little more pulsating.
- Soft, body-safe silicone build – If you have held and used a LELO product before, then you know just how velvety and soft these toys feel. The Dot is no exception – the material feels smooth, luxurious, and erotic. And most importantly, it is entirely body-safe.
- Long battery life – LELO has steadily been improving its battery game. With a full charge, the LELO will give you at least 2 hours of continuous play. For such a complex and powerful clitoral vibrator, this is truly impressive.
Ok, we have now seen the key features and the design of LELO Dot, time to jump right into the action and use it!
My Personal Experience With LELO Dot
I have not been keeping count of how many sex toys I have tested in total, but I can safely say that the number is ridiculously large. I would estimate it to be somewhere between 50 and 100.
Even with numbers like these, I am struggling to remember the last time I was this excited about testing a sex toy. A pinpoint clitoral vibrator sounds very, very intriguing. So, off we go!
I started off on the lower settings (as I always do) to work up my excitement. I followed my intuition and used the Dot on my nipple area. When it comes to breasts, the upper part of my nipples is the most sensitive so this is where I started off. With slow movements I got closer and closer to my most sensitive areas…and what can I say…it felt great.
The elliptical motion is a groundbreaker in the sense that it really feels unique. On breasts, it does not feel like a vibrator. The feeling is more similar to a super concentrated massage – the toy only focuses on a very small area, but the feel of the toy is, for a lack of a better word, “larger-than-life.”
As I teased my nipples with the LELO Dot, I couldn’t help but slowly start caressing myself through my panties. To say that I was getting excited is an understatement!
However, I kept teasing myself…just so that the Dot can overwhelm me when it hits the sweet spot. As a tease, I even used the toy to stimulate my inner thigh and the back of my neck. Weird, I know, but the body wants what it wants! And it felt damn good.
After a good 20 minutes of teasing, I was all in. I turned the intensity settings up a few notches and down I went. Once this thing reached my zone, I was done. The gates to heaven opened! Two minutes of this thing pulsating against my clit did the trick and I came.
But the real kicker is in what happened after my orgasm – despite coming, I did not feel shaky or numb. This is where the pinpoint technology of this toy enters the equation. Since the sensation is super concentrated, the LELO Dot gives you a completely new kind of orgasm. One that leaves you wanting for more, IMMEDIATELY.
Depending on how much time you have, this can either be a good or a bad thing. One could end up an orgasm addict with the LELO Dot! Luckily the battery lasts a long time.
In a nutshell – I was pretty amazed at what this thing did. It is rare for a clitoral vibrator to bring something completely new to the table, but the folks at LELO succeeded at just that!
Pros of LELO Dot
For those of you who are too lazy to read the intimate review above, I put together a quick list of some of the main advantages of LELO Dot.
A multi-orgasmic toy
I mean, what else is there to say? We all love orgasms, but not all of us enjoy feeling completely dazed after climaxing. The LELO Dot offers a new kind of orgasm with its pinpoint technology. One that keeps you coming for more.
Great foreplay toy
How about a little pro tip? Every time you get a new sex toy, do not go for your most erogenous zones straight away. Instead, tease your whole body with the toy before going all in.
Doing this will help you understand how the material, the motions, and the different intensities feel on your body.
So, how about the LELO Dot? Well, let’s just say that I was in love way before this toy got near my clitoris.
The Dot barely makes a noise on lower settings. This is a major plus for ladies who do not want to raise any eyebrows with strange noises coming from their bedrooms. Think of parents, roommates, or even a partner. As much as I enjoy testing new toys with my husband, sometimes I want to enjoy myself in complete solitude. With the LELO Dot, you can discreetly have fun while, for example, you are “taking a nap.”
I am still in awe at how many vibrators of various shapes and sizes are uncomfortable to hold and use. And yes, this includes some toys that I would genuinely love if they were a bit more comfortable to hold.
Maybe it is just me being a klutz, but I get shaky and squirmy when I seriously enjoy myself. In these moments, I want something with a solid grip so I do not lose my orgasm. You would not believe how annoying it is to drop a vibrator right before you are about to come!
With LELO Dot, there are no such problems – the material and the shape of the toy feel super, super comfortable in my hand. Oh, and it looks good too!
Elliptical movement technology
It is next to impossible to write about how this toy feels because I genuinely have nothing to compare these sensations with.
It is almost like a tantric Yoni massage, except concentrated on a very small area. And even this does not accurately describe the feeling but it is the best I can do.
This one is quite obvious, but it is still worth a mention. For such an intimate yet powerful toy, you want the possibility of using it while in a shower. Or even better – at a bath with a good bottle of red.
LELO Dot is completely waterproof so both of these scenarios would work splendidly.
Cons of LELO Dot
The following is not even a disadvantage per se. Instead, it is more related to how I feel about this toy. And, even from my own little perspective, there is not a lot to complain about when it comes to LELO Dot.
There are better alternatives for couples
Call me greedy, but the Dot is a type of vibe that I want to enjoy by myself. There is just something super intimate about this toy and its pinpoint technology. I feel as if I am finding new treasure spots on my body with this precise stimulation. And these spots are all mine! Now, if you want a similar toy that would be a better fit for couples. check out LELO IDA Wave, another new superstar offering from LELO.
Final Verdict – Is the LELO Dot Worth the Purchase?
Yes, it is. Sure, it may not be the cheapest sex toy out there, but it is worth every penny. It is not often that you find a sex toy for women that offers something truly new, but the LELO Dot has succeeded in that department. The elliptical motion is a game changer and the possibility of enjoying the wonders of orgasm without getting numb will open a lot of new doors for all the pleasure seekers out there.
I, for one, will be having A LOT of fun with the LELO Dot in the coming months and years.
Want to join in on the fun? Find the best price for LELO Dot on the official site of LELO.